Exporting to India
Opportunities for Spanish company in India
- Great market potential.
- Major growth in the services and ICT sectors.
- Good pace of reforms leading to a more modern and liberalised economy.
- High level of foreign currency reserves.
- Highly active private sector.
- From 1 July 2017 the Good and Services Tax (GST) came into force, to merge the many different taxes applied by each state, and creating a single uniform market all over India.
- Public finances not in good shape.
- High rate of inflation and tax deficit.
- Social inequalities.
- Infrastructures not highly developed.
- Local bureaucracy.
Investment is enjoying significant growth in the:
- services sector.
- Industrial sector: chemical and metal industry. Spectacular growth of DFI (direct foreign investment) in the pharmaceutical sector.
- India’s economy will continue to grow thanks to its high internal consumption, encouraged by the high purchasing power of its middle class.
- The sectors with potential are: infrastructures, capital goods, pharmaceutical industry, automotive, ICT and machinery, amongst others.
Mohan Dev Building 7th Floor,
13 Tolstoy Marg
110001 New Delhi
Manager: Deepesh Malaviya
Tel. (+91) 11 2335 0202
Banco Sabadell in India
Working here since 1994, Banco Sabadell is the first Spanish bank in India. Our customers can be sure that their businesses in India will get proactive, expert treatment. Our knowledge of the local financial system has meant that Banco Sabadell enjoys extensive recognition and respect among the country’s banks.
- Entry onto the market and local banking.
- Advice on a wide range of financial products: export and import documentary credits, remittances of documents, collateral, guarantees, performance bonds, project pre- financing, risk hedging.
- transaction monitoring.
- Meeting between local Spanish companies, agents or customers of Spanish companies.
- Coordination of customers’ businesses.