Exporting to Colombia
Opportunities for Spanish Business
- Emerging economy with great potential for growth in the region
- Young population (55%
- Controlled growth of inflation.
- The country is rich in natural resources (oil, coal, mining in general, farming, etc.).
- Highly aggressive plan for investment in roadway infrastructure for the next 6 years.
- Sectors with potential: hydrocarbons and mining.
- The country is involved in a major infrastructure plan to improve its efficiency.
- There are special economic zones (free zones) and customs warehouses.
- Investment opportunities for the farming-fishing and farming-industrial sectors.
- Third biggest economy in Latin America and one of the countries with greatest economic stability in the region.
- Large informal economy.
- Lack of a suitable road, rail and port infrastructure.
- Uncertainty about tax reform and its impact on investment.
- Economy slowing up.
- Prospects for growth: these are reviewed downwards from 4% to 3% or less.
- There is an improvement in the business atmosphere associated with the prospects for the Pacific Alliance.
Carrera 7 # 71-21
Oficina 1604 Torre B
Manager: Fernando Piñero
Tel. (+57) 1555 0626
Colombian peso (COP)
1 euro=3.291,24 COP (October 2015)
- Catholics (87,3%)
- Evangelicals (11,5%)
- Others (1,2%)
48,301.420 (Sepember 2015)
BS in Colombia
The Bogotá* representative office team (opened in 2015) help you with professionalism and dedication, giving you individual and personal assistance.
Our office combines in-depth knowledge of the specific features of the Colombian market, as well as of the local financial sector, Spanish bodies present in the Colombian Republic and public institutions.
- Guidance and introduction of Spanish business on the local market.
- Advice on a range of financial products: bilateral credits, syndicated credits, club deals, financing for products.
- Regular contact with Spanish and local companies from multiple sectors, and with public and private agents in the country.
- Follow-up of operations.