Exporting to Vietnam
Opportunities for Spanish companies in Vietnam
It has displayed a spectacular capacity for economic change.
- Very young population base: 50% aged under 30 years.
- Declining rural sector, while industrial and services sectors continue to grow.
- Income per capita growing quickly.
- Rich in natural resources.
- Appropriate position to face up to external payment obligations
- Vietnam has a sustained growth of 6%.
- State companies have too much importance. A major reform and privatisation plan is pending.
- Continuing work is needed in reforming the banking sector
- Public indebtedness is being contained in the medium term.
- Opportunities related to infrastructures, industrial supplies, chemical and consumer products, tourism and catering.
- Right to transfer and repatriate sums in currency.
- Incentives for foreign investment and restrictions in some sectors.
- There are special economic zones and industrial duty-free zones.
- The Free Trade Agreement between the EU and Vietnam is still to be ratified by the EU. This is the most ambitious agreement of the EU with a developing country.
- The development potential of this country continues to be excellent.
Find us at:
Keck Seng Tower, 133 Cecil Street, 09-01 A
Tel.: (+65) 6224 2707
Form of government
Socialist, under the government of the Communist Party
Vietnamese dong (VND)
1 euro = 28.803 Vietnamese dongs (February 2014)
89 million (2013)
Banco Sabadell in Vietnam
Our relationship with the Vietnamese banking system dates back to 1991- 92, when Banco Sabadell became the first Spanish bank to establish banking relations with the Vietcombank.
One of the first European buyer-credit agreements was signed with this. Over the the years, a sound relationship has been developed with a wide range of local banks, thus covering the needs of Spanish exporters.
The proximity of Banco Sabadell’s regional office in Singapore, with a presence in the country since 1990, has enabled intense collaboration to be developed on this market with public and private agents from Vietnam.
Banco Sabadell in Singapore has also reinforced its capacity for advising companies, investors, importers and exporters.
- Quality personalised service meant for Spanish companies
- Financial and commercial advice on the market.
- Monitoring operations, projects and tenders