Exporting to Thailand
Opportunities for Spanish companies in Thailand
- A great dynamic Asian economy.
- Income per capita in the intermediate range and growing
- Appropriate setting for doing business.
- Sound banking system in a good position as regards external payments.
- Intense political instability and uncertainty, with adverse effects on the economy.
- The greatest challenge for the country is the peaceful and parliamentary settlement of the antagonism between the rural population and the middle and high-class elite in Bangkok.
- Subsidy policies may endanger the good tax position that Thailand has kept up over recent years.
- Opportunities connected with infrastructures, industrial supplies, chemical products, equipment for the healthcare sector, consumer products and tourism.
- Legal framework of incentives appropriate for direct foreign investment.
- Right to transfer and repatriate in currency.
- There are special economic zones and free industrial zones.
- Thailand and the EU are negotiating a free trade agreement.
- Public plan for investment in new infrastructures.
Find us at:
Keck Seng Tower, 133 Cecil Street, 09-01 A 069535 Singapore
Tel. (+65) 6224 2707
Banco Sabadell in Thailand
Banco Sabadell’s relations with the Thai banking system go back to the early 1980s.
Over this time, a firm bond has been formed with practically all local banks, thus covering the needs of Spanish exporters.
The proximity of the regional office of the Banco Sabadell in Singapore, which has been working in the country since 1990, has enabled us to set up intense cooperation on this market and with its public and private agents. Banco Sabadell Singapore has also strengthened our capacity to advise companies, investors, importers and exporters.
- A quality personalised service meant for Spanish companies with commercial or investment interests in the country.
- Financial and commercial advice on the market.
- Follow-up of operations, projects and tenders.