Exporting to Singapore
Opportunities for Spanish companies in Singapore
- It is extremely easy to incorporate companies and do business.
- This is a strategic country in the ASEAN group (logistics, financial, technology and business centre). The main ASEAN countries are: Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand.
- Sound, consolidated, transparent and efficient legal system.
- Political and economic stability.
- Excellent infrastructure and its population has a high education and training level.
- Limitation on physical space and population growth.
- Vulnerable to external economic shocks.
- High costs with a tendency to drop in competitiveness.
- Some restrictions to granting work permits and quotas for new permanent residents.
- Singapore is one of the main beneficiaries of foreign investments in Asia, and a good deal of these have been industrial investments.
- Opportunities connected with fine chemicals and petrochemicals, the pharmaceutical sector and biotechnology, medical industry, services…
- Right to transfer and repatriate in currencies, capital, profit, dividends, interest, loan repayments, royalties…
- Incentives for foreign investment for high-added value sectors and research development.
- Stability of the SGD.
- The areas of the knowledge economy, high added value and development will be a priority in both the industrial and the service sector .
- FTA agreement between Singapore and the EU: pending ratification by the EU Parliament (2018). Implementation of FTA in 2019.
Find us at:
Keck Seng Tower, 133 Cecil Street, 09-01 A
Tel. (+65) 6224 2707
Banco Sabadell in Singapore
Banco Sabadell’s relations with Singapore banks date back to the 1980s.
Over this time, close, sound bonds with all the banks in Singapore have been built up, thus covering the needs of Spanish exporters and investors.
The regional office of Banco Sabadell in Singapore was set up in 1990 and has enabled it to work in close cooperation with the market and the other countries in the region. The Singapore branch has consequently strengthened its capacity to assist and advise companies, investors, importers and exporters and is becoming well known in the country’s own financial and economic community.
Banco Sabadell in Singapore:
- Quality personalised service for Spanish companies in their export and investment work in this country.
- Commercial advice on the market, local banking and a wide range of financial products.
- Monitoring operations, projects and competitive tenders