Exporting to Peru
Opportunities for Spanish Business
- Strong commercial ties with Spain, 8th biggest commercial client of Peru, acting as the gateway to Europe.
- High sustainable economic-financial growth.
- Structural reforms in the business field fostered by the government.
- Plentiful supply of natural resources.
- Flexible legal framework in the field of foreign investment inversión extranjera.
- Building sector. 88,000 million USD in infrastructure projects up to 2021, mainly in: energy, transport, telecommunications and water infrastructure.
- Other potential sectors: iron and steel products, building equipment, farming-food machinery (especially for irrigation), packaging, electronics and I.T. and textile machinery.
- Wide range in significant import markets for Peru such as medical products, chemicals and services for the mining industry.
- Vulnerable to fluctuations in mineral and metal prices (main exports).
- Fragile business climate with an extensive informal sector.
- Current deficit in infrastructures.
- Concession of Pan-American Games 2019 and building over the coming years of “planned cities” promoted by the Peruvian State.
- De-dollarization process lead by the BCRP.
- Still a fairly low Spanish presence in the sector of chemicals and services connected with mining which have high volumes of imports to the country.
Víctor Andrés Belaunde, 214
San Isidro – Lima
Manager: Juan Ignacio de la Vega
tel. (+51) 1 441 4644
Nuevo sol (PEN)
1 euro = 3.75 soles (february de 2016)
- Catholics (85,3%)
- Evangelicals and others (10,15%)
31.151.643 (June 2015 – INEI)
Summer: -7 hours
Winter: -6 hours
BS in Peru
The representative office in Lima, offers you a team which will help you with professionalism and dedication, giving you individual and personal assistance
Our office combines in-depth knowledge of the specific features of the Peruvian market, as well as of the local financial sector, Spanish organisations present in Peru and public institutions.
- Guidance and introduction of Spanish business on the local market.
- Advice on a range of financial products: bilateral credits, syndicated credits, club deals, project financing.
- Regular contact with Spanish and local companies from multiple sectors, and with public and private agents in the country.
- Follow-up of operations.
- Our office combines in-depth knowledge of the specific features of the Peruvian market, as well as of the local financial sector, Spanish organisations present in Peru and public institutions.