Exporting to Mexico
Export opportunities for Spanish companies in Mexico
- Access to the U.S. market due to its proximity and due to the North American Free Trade Agreement in force.
- Internal market of over 112 million people and a growing middle class.
- Broad range of free trade agreements with Central and South America, as well as with Asia and Europe.
- Structural reforms that will strengthen dynamic economic activity have been authorised.
- Good macroeconomic stability.
- Low credit penetration. Below the regional average (18% as against 35% of GDP).
- High percentage of the population below the poverty line.
- Its economic dependence on the U.S.A. persists, with 80% of its exports to the U.S.
- In Mexico, there still remains to be developed a large number of projects in infrastructure, energy, oil exploration, telecommunications, and transport.
- Demand for housing still exists. Demand for products and services from an emerging middle class. This turns the country into an emerging business market, which is highly attractive to Spanish entrepreneurs.
- Uncertain international economic and financial environment, both in the euro zone and in the United States, which may affect the country’s dynamism.
- Reversion of capital flows in case a sudden change may occur in the investors’ expectations, basically due to problems abroad.
- The country’s political situation. Future political changes that could be an obstacle to the application of the structural reforms recently approved.
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, 193 Floor 15
11520 – Mexico D. F.
Manager: Enrique García Menes
Tel.: (+52) 55 52 62 32 00
Banco Sabadell in Mexico
For over twenty years, Banco Sabadell has been developing a broad network of correspondence with the country’s banks, which has allowed it in-depth knowledge of its financial system and foreign trade.
Today Banco Sabadell in Mexico is recognised as a leading bank with respect to the management of international business linked with trade in Mexico.
The current Banco Sabadell representation office was inaugurated in 1991. We currently offer qualified advice on commercial operations or operations of direct investment of capital from Spanish companies, support for subsidiaries of Spanish companies established in Mexico, for local companies with investments in Spain, and for local companies that conduct foreign commerce operations with Spain.
Banco Sabadell enjoys recognition and respect in the Mexican market due to its reliability, its professionalism and the quality of its services. We also represent a point of reference for any company with interests in this country.
- Here at Banco Sabadell, we do have great knowledge of the local market in Mexico, thus allowing us to offer guidance to companies in taking their first financial steps in the country.
- Introduction to the market and to the local banking system.
- Advice on numerous financial products: export and import of products to and from abroad.
- Networking with the main public and private agents in the country and with companies from numerous sectors.