Exporting to Morocco
Export opportunities for Spanish companies in Morocco
- Geographic proximity: 14 km across the Straits of Gibraltar, 2 hour flight from Madrid/ Barcelona – Casablanca.
- Political stability.
- Arab country with a culture of openness and tolerance.
- Favourable economic evolution and sustained growth.
- Tariff-free access to a market of 1,000 million consumers.
- Educated workforce and competitive costs.
Spanish companies have opportunities in:
- Civil works, modernisation and expansion of infrastructures.
- Agricultural equipment.
- Industrial semi-manufacturing and industrial equipment (especially textile).
- Tourist facilities and management.
- Transport and logistic services.
- Engineering and consulting services.
- Health service.
- Construction materials and equipment.
- Automotive, aeronautical and railways.
- Renewable energies and water treatment.
- 6 free zones with tax benefits.
- Bureaucratic rigidity.
- Lack of infrastructures.
- Dependency on agricultural production.
- Moderate growth of the Moroccan economy thanks to the good performance in the agricultural and mining sectors.
- They prioritise structural reforms (legal certainty, labour market and business climate).
Twin Center, 12eme étage
Angle Al Massira et Zerktouni
20000 Casablanca (Marruecos)
Manager: Francesc Rueda
Tel. (+212) 520 15 14 15
Banco Sabadell in Morocco
Banco Sabadell opened an operating office in 2009, after decades of relations with local financial entities.
The aim of Banco Sabadell in Morocco is to provide financial support to Spanish companies operating and/or having business interests in the country. It also offers its knowledge and experience at each stage of the expansion process, making available the best solutions for their needs. Our office operates as a full branch in Morocco and offers a maximum quality service.
- Opening of current accounts and deposits, both in dirham and in convertible currencies.
- Foreign trade operations (documentary credit, remittances, etc).
- Financing of investments and working capital via different financial products (loans, credit facilities, discounts, documentary credit and remittances, collateral and guarantees, etc.).
- Domestic means of payment and collection.
- Treasury management.