Exporting to Japan
Export opportunities for Spanish companies in Japan
- World’s third-largest economy.
- Large market for consumer goods, where quality takes precedence over price.
- Exporter of electronics and high-technology. Major promoter of R&D exchange.
- Receiver of quality foreign investment, principally in new technologies and renewable energies.
- Japan has been investing in Spain constantly for many years.
- Stable, well-developed and reliable legal system, and an open, liberal and solid economic and financial system.
- Marked nationalism in consumption patterns: local products are considered better quality than foreign products.
- Somewhat inflexible in decision-making which leads, sometimes, to much time being consumed.
Financial and economic opportunities in Japan:
- consumer goods, agro-food products, fashion, footwear.
- construction materials.
- automotive components.
- chemical and pharmaceutical sector.
- tourism and leisure.
- renewable energies.
- The Japanese GDP is still not quite achieving growth and the Japanese economy remains at a standstill.
- Japan is positioned as world leader in certain electronic consumer goods.
- The major Japanese banks are again positioning themselves in emerging markets to avoid Chinese banks taking over in importance.
- South Korea and China are perceived as a threat due to territorial tensions with China and the economic emergence of South Korea.
Nanjing West Road N1038
West Gate Mall 1605A
Jing’an district, Shanghai 200041
Manager: Guillermo Díaz Sevilla
Tel.: (+86) 921 62718347
Form of government
- 1 dollar = 103 JPY (January 2014)
- 1 euro = 140 JPY (January 2014)
- Buddhism (35,8%)
- Shinto (11%)
- Christianity (10,6%)
127 million (August 2013)
Winter: +8 hours; Summer: +7 hours
Banco Sabadell in Japan
Banco Sabadell covers Japan from its office in Shanghai, which was established in 2005. It has correspondent bank relations with the entire Japanese banking system, with which it maintains excellent relations. Today Banco Sabadell in Japan is recognised as a leading bank with respect to the management of international business linked with trade in Japan. Through frequent visits to Japan, these relationships with our correspondent banks in Japan have been strengthened.
Banco Sabadell in Japan has lines of finance granted for projects in the medium and long term to Japanese banks.
Equally, the Japanese banks have granted extensive lines to Banco Sabadell for the development of foreign trade operations, to offer with it international cover through guarantees for the local operations of our customers.
- Advice on the establishment of Spanish companies in Japan, providing a specialised and individualised service.
- Monitoring of import or export transactions with Japan through the relationships developed with the local banking system.
- Support for projects and tenders through the issuing of references and guarantees issued to local banks.