Exporting to Indonesia
Opportunities for Spanish companies in Indonesia
- Biggest economy in South East Asia, and an ASEAN region.
- Internal demand is the foundation on which its growth is based (great increase of the middle class).
- Major needs for investment in infrastructures
- Intra-regional agreement for reducing customs duties (ASEAN).
- Rich in natural resources.
- Sound financial system.
- Sovereign credit rating for Investment grade BBB- stable (S&P) / BBB-Positive (Fitch).
- The regulatory and governance system is weak, opaque and requires more transparency
- Low efficiency of public administration and excessive bureaucracy.
- Poor implementation of public projects.
- Major reforms still waiting to be introduced.
- Opportunities in infrastructures, industrial supplies, chemical products and consumer products.
- Agreements for promoting and protecting investments with many countries, including Spain (APPRI 1996). Has signed IGA and MIGA
- Right to transfer and repatriate in foreign currencies, capital, profits, dividends, interest, loan repayments, royalties…
- Incentives for foreign investment restrictions in certain sectors
- There are special economic zones and customers deposits.
- Sustained growth of 5,50% with potential of +6% in the next few years.
- Major programme for development of new infrastructures.
- Reasonably balanced macro- economic programme and in a good external payments position.
- Significant growth in the consumer goods and industrial sectors.
Find us at:
Keck Seng Tower, 133 Cecil Street, 09-01 A
Tel. (+65) 6224 2707 069535
Banco Sabadell in Indonesia
Banco Sabadell’s relations with banking in Indonesia go back to the early 1970s
Over all this time it has developed close and firm bonds with a wide range of Indonesian banks, meeting the needs of Spanish exporters.
The proximity of the regional office of Banco Sabadell in Singapore, which has been working in the country since 1990, has enabled it to work in close cooperation with this market and its public and private agents.
BS Singapore has also reinforced its our capacity to work with and advise companies, investors, importers and exporters and is well known in the financial and economic community of the country.
- A quality, personalised service for Spanish companies.
- Commercial advice on the market, local banking and many different financial products.
- Monitoring transactions, projects and tenders,
- Networking with the chief agents.
- ECA and structured financing for specific projects.