Exporting to France
Opportunities for Spanish companies in France
- Both Spain and France belong to the European Union, which guarantees free trade and free circulation. It also has the same currency.
- Forecast stable prospects, +0.9% in 2014.
- Skilled labour.
- GDP per inhabitant of €27,850 in 2013 in France.
- Weak growth in 2013 (+0.2%).
- Drop in creation of companies in the last 12 months.
- Need for structural reforms.
- Expensive labour.
- Foreign investments fell by 77% in 2013.
- A 26.1% increase is forecast for investment during 2014 in the industrial sector and of 1.4% in the services sector (transport, engineering, consulting, etc.).
- A great increase of investments in the production of foodstuffs is expected.
- A growth forecast exists of 1% in business investments in 2014, similar to the forecast GDP growth.
- The Bank of France predicts economic growth of 1% for 2014, while the IMF has estimated growth of 0.9% for 2014 and of 1.5% for 2015.
127 Av. des Champs Elysées
Manager: José Ruix
Tel. (+33) 144 291 260
Form of government
Unitary constitutional republic
- Christianity (57.2%)
- Islam (5%)
- Protestantism (2%)
- Judaism (0.6%)
66.6 million (December 2013)
There is no time difference.
Banco Sabadell in France
Banco Sabadell opened its branch in France in 1987. Today it has a branch in Paris and an agency in Hendaye that offers wide-ranging bank services for companies.
Since the year 2009 and to date, Banco Sabadell in France has become a leader in support for the promotion and development of renewable energies in the country. Furthermore, Banco Sabadell finances over 100 MW of wind energy produced and sold in France.
- Opening of current accounts, cash and deposits management.
- Support for Spanish companies that want to set up in France, or sell their products or services in the French market.
- Foreign trade operations.
- Financing of investment and of working capital through different financial products.
- Structured financing (acquisitions, infrastructures, renewable energy projects).
- Issue of bonds.
- Consultancy on mergers and acquisitions, disposals, etc.